Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes, 14 seconds
The Erickson Foundation makes it a priority to offer courses that will continue your education and perfect the foundation of your art. Our team at the Erickson Foundation has worked hard to bring you one-of-a-kind courses that focus on psychotherapy and Ericksonian hypnosis and psychotherapy strategies. Our Online Summer Guide consists of 3 courses that are virtual so that attendees all over the world can attend our courses in the comfort of their own homes and connect with us and other attendees from all over the world. Below is a detailed look at our Summer Guide and resources to help you through those said courses.
The Intensive Training Course starts July 7th and gives attendees a chance to learn about various Ericksonian hypnosis and psychotherapy strategies and how to implement said strategies into their clinical practice. The course consists of levels A-F where you will start by learning the fundamentals of Ericksonian hypnosis and psychotherapy and as the levels go on, you will study more extensive strategies and how to implement them into clinical work.
There are 8 sessions in each level, taught by 4 faculty members. Each session consists of a lecture, practice group, discussion, Q&A, and homework for an interactive experience. To better understand the course and help you along the way, here are a few resources from our online store:
- The Induction of Hypnosis: An Ericksonian Elicitation Approach is the first book in Dr. Zeig’s, Empowering Experiential Therapy Series, where it offers a new fundamental model of hypnosis from an Ericksonian perspective. This book is valuable to the professionals who are looking to add hypnotherapy into their clinical practice.
- La Inducción De La Hipnosis is the Spanish version of the first book in Dr. Zeig’s Empowering Experiential Therapy Series.
- The Erickson Streaming Video Collection: A Teaching Seminar (1-4) highlights one of the many teaching seminars Dr. Erickson conducted at his residence and you will be able to study various psychotherapy techniques of his.
The Art of Psychotherapy Course begins July 18th and is the 8th rendition in the course that focuses on Evocative Communication. Each rendition of this course focuses on a different theme of psychotherapy and how to implement strategies related to that theme into your clinical practice.
There are 4 sessions in the course, taught by Dr. Jeffrey Zeig. Each session consists of a live therapy session with a demo subject, an interactive discussion that breaks down the strategies used, and a Q&A. To better understand the course and help you along the way, here are a couple of resources from our online store:
- The Empowering Experiential Therapy Series is a 4 part series by Dr. Jeffrey Zeig, that shows his model of hypnosis, presents his method of therapist development and travels through his explorations of Milton Erickson’s work.
- The Empowering Experiential Therapy Series is the Spanish version of Dr. Zeig’s 4-part series, located toward the bottom of the page.
- That’s Right, Is It Not?: A Play about the Life of Milton H. Erickson, M.D. is a special bioplay that shares scenes that cover Dr. Erickson’s early life and professional development, family experiences, professional interactions, and some classic cases.
The Grandmasters’ Approaches to Psychotherapy Course begins July 9th and allows attendees to learn about the masters in the psychotherapy field. The course is split into two levels as you will learn about 17 masters.
There are 6 sessions in each level, and you’ll have the privilege of watching an archived video of said master from the Erickson Foundation Archives. In each session, you’ll join Dr. Jeffrey Zeig as he discusses the techniques used and the historical value of the master. To better help you understand the course along the way, here are resources from our online store:
- Pioneers of Psychotherapy Video Collection is a collection of training videos that features clinicians who have made seminal contributions to the field of psychotherapy.
- Advanced Techniques of Hypnosis & Therapy is a 4-part DVD collection that highlights Dr. Erickson’s work and life as he demonstrates his own techniques through experiential methods, anecdotes, metaphoric communication, and more.
- The Evolution of Psychotherapy: A Meeting of the Minds is a written piece of work that includes 24 extensive articles that capture the contributions of pioneers and new radicals from The Evolution of Psychotherapy Conference 2000.
- Brief Therapy: Lasting Impressions discusses the major issues and spotlights the most effective models of brief therapy, as described by 31 renowned practitioners.
Our Summer Courses are a great opportunity for you to perfect your techniques and continue your education so that you can implement these skillful strategies into your practice and better help your clients. If you plan on taking any of these courses, Dr. Zeig recommends investing in these resources to help you along the way and to get the most out of your education with us. To take a deeper look at these courses and to browse our store, click here.
“Intensive Training Online Level E and F.” The Milton H. Erickson Foundation, www.erickson-foundation.org/intensive-training-online-level-e-and-f/.
“Art of Psychotherapy – Evocative Communication.” The Milton H. Erickson Foundation, www.erickson-foundation.org/art-of-psychotherapy-evocative-communication/.
“The Grandmasters Approach to Psychotherapy Online 2021.” The Milton H. Erickson Foundation, www.erickson-foundation.org/grandmasters-approach-psychotherapy-2021/.
Milton H. Erickson Foundation Store, catalog.erickson-foundation.org/.
Tags: Acceptance, case study, Erickson, Erickson Foundation, Ericksonian, Family Therapy, Focus, hypnosis, Implication, jeff zeig, LAMFT, LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, LPC, md, MDIV, Meaning, Mental Health, Metaphor, Milton H. Erickson, NLP, Online Courses, Pain, Performance, phd, psychiatrist, Psychologist, psychology, psychotherapist, psychotherapy, PsyD, Reframing, Resource Guides, story, Summer Course Guide, Summer Guide, Technique, therapy, Trance, Utilization