The Intensive Training Program is a unique opportunity to learn principles and applications of one of the most rapidly growing treatment models in contemporary psychotherapy. Our Intensive Training classes in Phoenix, Arizona are the premier venue to learn Ericksonian Hypnosis Techniques. For the past 30 years, the Intensive classes have drawn professionals from around the world. The scope of the program is comprehensive; its incremental structure facilitates progressive acquisition of competence. If you are looking for hypnosis training, specifically in the field of Ericksonian Hypnosis, look no further.
Brent B. Geary, PhD
Stephen Lankton, MSW
Jeffrey K. Zeig, PhD
and Lilian Borges, MA, LPC
The Intensive Training Program is open to professionals in a health-related field with a Master’s degree or higher, and students currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program in a health-related field. Each level of the Intensive Training Program provides 30.0 hours of continuing education credit.
|Fundamental||No prior knowledge or experience in Ericksonian approaches is needed for this level. Primary emphasis is upon elicitation of therapeutic trances, and ways to utilize these states in focused treatment. You will be able to begin to integrate hypnosis into your practice at the conclusion of the Fundamental Training.|
|Intermediate||Delve into hypnotic applications for specific clinical issues (from anxiety to the severely disturbed), and strategic utilization of the hypnotic phenomena. The program builds upon experiences of Week One, allowing you to enhance perceptual and generative skills for client monitoring and feedback, indirection, and other essential change processes.|
|Advanced||Advanced Intensives focus on the process of Ericksonian therapy, and the resources of the therapist. Exercises, supervision, and advanced instruction allow you to enhance your acumen as an agent of change.|
- Techniques of inducing and utilizing hypnosis from an Ericksonian perspective
- The ability to use techniques of Ericksonian hypnotherapy naturalistically in their clinical practice
- Ericksonian principles of diagnosis thereby improving observational skills
- The use of multilevel therapeutic communication
- Methods of utilizing hypnosis in specific situations encountered in the practice of medicine, dentistry, psychiatry, psychology, social work and counseling.
(discounted price available if you register at least 30 days prior to class)
|SBHS Employee||SouthWest Behavioral Employee Discount Available|
Fall Intensive Training – Fundamental 2018
Monday, October 8th, 2018 through Thursday, October 11th, 2018 – 9am to 5pm
Friday, October 12th, 2018 – 9am to 1pm
Fall Intensive Training – Intermediate 2018
Monday, October 15th, 2018 through Thursday, October 18th, 2018 – 9am to 5pm
Friday, October 19th, 2018 – 9am to 1pm
Spring Intensive Training – Fundamental 2019
Monday, March 11th, 2019 through Thursday, March 14th, 2019 – 9am to 5pm
Friday, March 15th, 2019 – 9am to 1pm
Spring Intensive Training – Intermediate 2019
Monday, March 18th, 2019 through Thursday, March 21st, 2019 – 9am to 5pm
Friday, March 22nd, 2019 – 9am to 1pm
Summer Intensive Training – Fundamental 2019
Monday, July 8th, 2019 through Thursday, July 11th, 2019 – 9am to 5pm
Friday, July 12th, 2019 – 9am to 1pm
Summer Intensive Training – Intermediate 2019
Monday, July 15th, 2019 through Thursday, July 18th, 2019 – 9am to 5pm
Friday, July 19th, 2019 – 9am to 1pm
Summer Intensive Training – Advanced 2019
Monday, July 22nd, 2019 through Thursday, July 25th, 2019 – 9am to 5pm
Friday, July 26th, 2019 – 9am to 1pm
Fall Intensive Training – Fundamental 2019
Monday, October 14th, 2019 through Thursday, October 17th, 2019 – 9am to 5pm
Friday, October 18th, 2019 – 9am to 1pm
Fall Intensive Training – Intermediate 2019
Monday, October 21st, 2019 through Thursday, October 24th, 2019 – 9am to 5pm
Friday, October 25th, 2019 – 9am to 1pm
The Intensive Training Program is held in the meeting space at the Erickson Foundation located at 2632 E. Thomas Road, Phoenix, Arizona 85016.
LUNCHES DURING TRAINING
The Foundation provides water and coffee for everyone each day of the Intensive training sessions. The meeting room has a freezer/refrigerator and two microwaves that all attendees can use, but lunch will not be provided by the Foundation. There are only a few restaurants that are within walking distance of the Foundation, so below is a map of nearby restaurants and grocery stores to look over before the training starts. You may bring your own lunch each day if you choose, you can have food delivered, or if you have a car you can drive to get food during the lunch break.
- A.M.A. The Milton H. Erickson Foundation, Inc., designates this live activity for a maximum of 30.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- A.C.C.M.E. The Milton H. Erickson Foundation, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- A.P.A. The Milton H. Erickson Foundation, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Milton H. Erickson Foundation, Inc. maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- N.B.C.C. The Milton H. Erickson Foundation, Inc. has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5056. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Milton H. Erickson Foundation, Inc. is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- B.R.N. The Milton H. Erickson Foundation, Inc., is approved by the Board of Registered Nursing in California to offer continuing education for nurses (Provider no. CEP 9376). This program is eligible for a maximum of 30.0 contact hours.
All cancellations must be received in writing and are subject to a $50 administrative fee per transaction. Full refunds, less the $50 administrative service charge will be made if the request is postmarked 30 days prior to the first day of each class. No refunds will be issued after that date.
If the Milton H. Erickson Foundation (hereby referred to as MHEF) cannot hold the Intensive Training seminars due to acts of nature, war, government regulations, disaster, civil disorder or curtailment of transportation facilitating other emergencies making it inadvisable, illegal, or impossible to provide the facilities or to hold the meeting, each prepaid attendee will receive a copy of related handouts and any other materials that would have been distributed. Fixed expenses will be paid from the pre-registration funds. Remaining funds will be refunded to pre-registrants. MHEF is not responsible for any other costs incurred by pre-registrants in connection with the Intensive Training.
The views and opinions expressed by presenters are their own and do not necessarily represent those of MHEF.
MHEF disclaims any responsibility for the use and application of information presented at this training.
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION POLICY ON DISCLOSURE
The Milton H. Erickson Foundation is proud of the conferences and other educational opportunities it sponsors, taking care that the conduct of these activities conforms to the standards and principles of behavioral and medical sciences, thus ensuring balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all individually sponsored or jointly sponsored educational activities.
All faculty members participating in a sponsored activity, and those who review and therefore are in control of content, are requested to disclose any relevant financial relationship prior to the CME activity, including but not limited to specific commercial interests, financial remuneration received by faculty member or spouse, and what role or activity was performed for this remuneration. If a conflict of interest exists as a result of a financial relationship it will be resolved prior to the activity. A faculty member will not be allowed to present if the conflict is not or cannot be resolved.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.