(discounted price available if you register at least 30 days prior to class)
|SBHS Employee||SouthWest Behavioral Employee Discount Available|
Summer Intensive Training – Fundamental 2017
Monday, July 10th, 2017 through Thursday, July 13th, 2017 – 9am to 5pm
Friday, July 14th, 2017 – 9am to 1pm
Summer Intensive Training – Intermediate 2017
Monday, July 17th, 2017 through Thursday, July 20th, 2017 – 9am to 5pm
Friday, July 21st, 2017 – 9am to 1pm
Summer Intensive Training – Advanced 2017
Monday, July 24th, 2017 through Thursday, July 27th, 2017 – 9am to 5pm
Friday, July 28th, 2017 – 9am to 1pm
Fall Intensive Training – Fundamental 2017
Monday, October 9th, 2017 through Thursday, October 12th, 2017 – 9am to 5pm
Friday, October 13th, 2017 – 9am to 1pm
Fall Intensive Training – Intermediate 2017
Monday, October 16th, 2017 through Thursday, October 19th, 2017 – 9am to 5pm
Friday, October 20th, 2017 – 9am to 1pm
|Fundamental||No prior knowledge or experience in Ericksonian approaches is needed for this level. Primary emphasis is upon elicitation of therapeutic trances, and ways to utilize these states in focused treatment. You will be able to begin to integrate hypnosis into your practice at the conclusion of the Fundamental Training.|
|Intermediate||Delve into hypnotic applications for specific clinical issues (from anxiety to the severely disturbed), and strategic utilization of the hypnotic phenomena. The program builds upon experiences of Week One, allowing you to enhance perceptual and generative skills for client monitoring and feedback, indirection, and other essential change processes.|
|Advanced||Advanced Intensives focus on the process of Ericksonian therapy, and the resources of the therapist. Exercises, supervision, and advanced instruction allow you to enhance your acumen as an agent of change.|
Attendees will increase their overall communication skills by learning:
- Techniques of inducing and utilizing hypnosis from an Ericksonian perspective
- The ability to use techniques of Ericksonian hypnotherapy naturalistically in their clinical practice
- Ericksonian principles of diagnosis thereby improving observational skills
- The use of multilevel therapeutic communication
- Methods of utilizing hypnosis in specific situations encountered in the practice of medicine, dentistry, psychiatry, psychology, social work and counseling.
The Intensive Training Program is held in the meeting space at the Erickson Foundation located at 2632 E. Thomas Road, Phoenix, Arizona 85016. We offer discounted hotel rates at the Embassy Suites during each session of training.
Embassy Suites Phoenix Airport at 24th Street (1/2 mile away from the Foundation):
2333 East Thomas Road
Phoenix, Arizona 85016 USA
*If calling to make reservations please use the following discount codes:
ME2 for Summer reservations ME3 for Fall reservations
Airport to Hotel
There are a few ways to travel from the airport to the hotel:
- The hotel provides complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle service. Please let them know if you would like to use this service.
- Cab/Taxi: the average cost is $25.
- Public Transit: www.valleymetro.org and use the trip planner function. Please let me know if you would like to use public transit and are having difficulties with the site.
Hotel to Foundation
- The Embassy Suites provides a shuttle to the Foundation daily to arrive by 9am every morning and pick up at 5 pm every day (1pm on Friday due to half-day session). The Foundation is also within walking distance of the hotel.
LUNCHES DURING TRAINING
The Foundation provides water and coffee for everyone each day of the Intensive training sessions. The meeting room has a freezer/refrigerator and two microwaves that all attendees can use, but lunch will not be provided by the Foundation. There are only a few restaurants that are within walking distance of the Foundation, so below is a map of nearby restaurants and grocery stores to look over before the training starts. You may bring your own lunch each day if you choose, you can have food delivered, if you have a car you can drive to get food during the lunch break, or you can arrange for the hotel shuttle to give you a ride.